As the legalization of medical marijuana continues to spread across the United States, more and more people are looking into getting medical marijuana evaluations. Medical marijuana evaluations are an important step in the process of obtaining legal medical grade marijuana in Florida.
The evaluation process will help to ensure that you are a good candidate for medical marijuana and that you understand the risks and benefits associated with its use. Here are some things to keep in mind when getting started with medical marijuana evaluations:
- Be prepared to answer questions about your medical history and why you believe that medical marijuana will help you.
- Be honest with your doctor. It is important that they have all the information they need to make an informed decision about your treatment.
- Be prepared to pay for the evaluation. Some insurance plans may cover the cost of the evaluation.
- Be prepared to wait for the results of the evaluation. The doctor will need to review your medical records and may need to speak with other healthcare providers before making a decision.
- Be prepared to follow up with the doctor after the evaluation. You will likely need to schedule a follow-up appointment to discuss the results of the evaluation and to develop a treatment plan.
At Total Holistic Center, we believe that caring for people means caring for their whole self, mind, body, and soul. Our medical marijuana evaluations are designed to help you understand if medical marijuana is right for you. During your consultation, we will discuss your medical history, current symptoms, and treatment goals. We will also answer any questions you have about medical marijuana.
Our medical team (led by Dr. Anya Temer (D.O.)) has many years of experience in the medical field. She has had a lot of success with the use of medical cannabis and has helped many patients find relief from a variety of conditions.
During your evaluation, Dr. Temer will take the time to get to know you and your medical history. She will then perform a physical examination and order any necessary tests. Based on her findings, she will determine whether or not medical marijuana is a good treatment option for you.
If she does recommend cannabis, she will work with you to develop a treatment plan. This may include recommendations for wellness, methods of consumption, and dosages. She will also provide you with information on how to get your medical marijuana card.
At Total Holistic Center, we are dedicated to helping our patients find the relief they need. If you think you may benefit from medical marijuana, call us today to schedule an evaluation.
If you are interested in pursuing medical marijuana treatment, our team can help you every step of the way. We will help people obtain a medical marijuana card, and we can also provide guidance on choosing the right strains and delivery methods for patient’s needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.